- George A. Cooper portrayed inspector Gregson in the 1960s BBC TV series, in the episodes A Study in Scarlet and The Greek Interpreter.
- In the 1979-1986 Soviet series The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson, inspector Gregson was a minor recurring character, portrayed by Russian actor Igor Dmitriev.
- Inspector Gregson's sole appearance in the Granada Television series occured in the episode The Greek Interpreter. He was played by Oliver Maguire.
- In Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, the 22nd century equivalent of Gregson is Chief Inspector Greyson, voiced by William Samples.
- New York City Police Department employee captain Thomas Gregson from Elementary is a modern counterpart to the Canon's Gregson. Unlike the original Gregson character, this Gregson is American, not British. He also appears with far greater regularity, effectivelly serving a role similar to that usually assigned to inspector Lestrade in most television adaptations.